We imagine futures and empower people to create them. We are G70.
In the past 50 years, G70 has grown into a thriving, sustainable, forward-thinking, multi-disciplinary firm specializing in the art of creating. We are thought leaders, technologists, cultural practitioners, visualizers, and members of the community dedicated to the design and planning of innovative and community focused places.
We are currently looking for an INTERMEDIATE LEVEL INTERIOR DESIGNER to join our team.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture
• A minimum of five years of practical work experience in the field
• Proficiency in using the following software programs – AutoCAD, Revit, Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe InDesign
• Experience on projects in the State of Hawaii and familiarity with State codes preferred.
IDEALLY, YOU ARE ALSO…
• Keen on details. Able to complete drawings. Have a skilled eye to notice when something is out of place, missing or incorrect.
• Are organized and able to manage multiple deadlines and project teams
• Collaborative. Able to work collaboratively with others and welcome others’ ideas
• Driven and motivated to excel in your work
• Able to effectively communicate your ideas to others, both verbally and visually.
• Understanding of project delivery, construction codes, construction documents and processes
• Interest in pursuing task and/or project management
• Are interested in mentorship of younger staff.
In this role, a typical day may involve:
• Communicating with clients on design, presentation and meetings
• Working on all phases of design on multiple projects
• Working alongside project teams, architects, engineers, consultants and other team members to find the best design solution to meet the client’s needs
• Development of color and materials palette, design statements, mood boards
• Preparing and reviewing construction documents
• Mentoring younger design staff
• Keeping up to date with products by attending manufacturer representative meetings
If so, we want to hear from you.
Submit resumes to:
111 S. King Street, Suite 170
Honolulu, HI 96813
Attn: Human Resources
Via fax: (808) 523-5874
Or apply online:
G70 is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer – Veteran & Disability
Interior Designer Job Description
Reports to: Interior Design Manager
On Projects, Project Architect / Project Manager, as appropriate
Description: The Interior Designer assists the Interior Design Manager or Project Manager in the interior design and FF&E selection and procurement of the project and as such is primarily responsible for conceptual interior design, space planning, interior design development, and FF&E selection, specification, procurement, and installation. Ensures assigned Interior Design project tasks are in accordance with the firm’s policies, procedures, and standards.
- Develops and modifies interior design drawings and FF&E selection according to established standards.
- Conducts and documents:
- Interior Survey
- FF&E selection and product evaluation
- Analysis of alternatives and design parameters
- Space Planning
- Responsible for the accuracy of assigned work.
- Responsible for production and preliminary check of the interior design work.
- Adheres to company policies, procedures, and standards.
- Contributes to project team morale and motivation.
- Develops knowledge of all aspects of interior design.
- Understands the scope and requirements.
- Maintains proficiency in verbal and written communication.
- Reviews documentation of meetings and written communications prepared by the Project Manager.
- Develops up to date knowledge of products and materials.
- Develops proficiency in interfacing design work with architectural construction documentation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design required.
- Advanced degree a plus.
- Experience in Interior Design a plus.
- Proficiency in Adobe Software a plus
Please email résumé and portfolio to HR@pva.com with the subject line – Interior Designer Position.