- This event has passed.
Fundamentals of ADA Signage CEU
January 12 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Join us for a CEU presented by Inpro Corporation // SignScape on the fundamentals of ADA signage.
Credits: 1 IDCEC HSW/ 1 AIA HSW
Please RSVP directly to Monty Crandon email@example.com Participants will be sent a Microsoft TEAMS invite
Contact: Monty Crandon, firstname.lastname@example.org
Free for all to attend
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) has been in place for more than 20 years, with major revisions enacted in 2010. The 2010 Standards for Accessible Design (SAD) gained teeth – compliance is now required and enforceable on the federal level.
Since the ADA views visual impairments as a disability covered under the Act, there are specific guidelines pertaining to signage products. The two categories covered under interior signage are Wall Mounted, Ceiling Mounted or Projected. Within the Wall Mounted category, Identification of permanent room signs, Directional signs, and Informational signs are covered. Within the Ceiling or Projected Mounted category, Directional and Information signs are covered.
- Obtain a better understanding of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Review ADA guidelines in terms of architectural signage and variances by state
- Explain the litigation risks to building owners for non-compliance
- Learn about the 2010 SAD Standards and enforcement process
- Identify the latest ADA signage material and manufacturing processes